Sweet Pepper Popper Chicken
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4-5 breasts)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 6-7 jalapeño peppers, sweet peppers or mixture of both
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Lay chicken in casserole dish. Season with garlic powder and spread cream cheese evenly over tops.
- Remove seeds and cut peppers in strips.
- Place peppers on top of the cream cheese and sprinkle Cheddar cheese on top.
- Cover lightly with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven 5 minutes before done and sprinkle with bacon, then return to oven. Chicken should be cooked through when done.