- 6 thick-cut smoked bacon slices
- 2 cups chopped sweet onion
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, chopped, seeds removed
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 (16 oz.) cans light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup root beer
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 6 tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Cook bacon in a frying pan until crisp; transfer to paper towel-lined plate. Reserve 2 tbsp. bacon drippings.
- Combine all ingredients (including bacon drippings) in large mixing bowl. Crumble bacon and add to bowl.
- Spoon mixture into 11x7" baking dish. Bake in preheated oven 35-40 minutes. Serve warm!