Blockbuster Grilled Shrimp & Pineapple Skewers
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 4 tsp. tabasco sauce
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 lb. large (31-40 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined (fresh or frozen, thawed shrimp)
- 3/4 lb. 1 inch cut pineapple chunks
- Freshly chopped cilantro and/or green onion
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except pineapple and cilantro. Toss mixture to coat shrimp. Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat. Remove the shrimp from the marinade, and reserve the marinade for grilling.
- Remove marinated shrimp from bowl and thread onto skewers, alternating with the pineapple. Save remaining marinade.
- Brush grill with olive or canola oil and place on grill.
- Grill the shrimp for 3-4 minutes on each side while brushing with marinade in-between turns.
- Garnish with cilantro/green onion when removed from grill.
- Wooden skewers should be soaked in warm water 1-2 hours before use.