- 4 bell peppers tops cut off and seeded
- 3 cups cooked rice brown or white
- 1-2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place cut bell peppers in baking dish and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and sauté onions for one minute.
- Add broccoli florets and cook for 2 minutes, or until broccoli is tender.
- Place cooked rice in a large bowl and add broccoli mixture.
- Add in ½ cup of each shredded cheese and cooked chicken, stir mixture to combine well.
- Divide mixture between peppers and pack into hollow pepper shells.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining cheese over tops of peppers. Bake again until cheese is melted.