- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1-1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-1/2" pieces
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 7 oz can fire roasted green chilies
- 2 15 oz cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2.5 cups Fritos or type of corn chip divided
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium high. Season chicken with salt/pepper and brown on both sides for up to 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pot, add onion, garlic and chili powder, stirring; sauté until tender.
- Return chicken to pot, stir in broth, chilies and beans. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer (uncovered) cook for 30 minutes over medium heat. Stir occasionally, liquid will evaporate.
- Add 1-1/2 cups Fritos to a casserole dish.
- Top with chicken mixture, remaining Fritos and cheese. Bake for 15 minutes.