- 8 oz. extra-wide egg noodles
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion Peeled and diced
- 2 large carrots Peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose floor
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 6 oz. mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 5 oz. cans tuna, in water, drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook egg noodles al dente in a large pot of salted water according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrots and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the chicken stock until it is combined, then stir in the milk, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, mushrooms, peas and tuna.
- Continue cooking until the mixture thickens and the mushrooms are cooked.
- Add sauce mixture to drained noodles and toss to combine. Stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Pour noodle mixture into a greased 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly on top of the pasta. Bake for 18-20 minutes until top is golden brown.