- 12 oz. solid white albacore tuna in water, drained
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup banana pepper rings, chopped
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 slices sourdough bread, sliced thick
- 8 slices tomato
- 8 slices provolone cheese (or artisan cheese of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 425º F and spray baking sheet.
- In bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, onion, celery, peppers and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place bread on baking sheet. Spoon tuna mixture onto each bread slice evenly.
- Top each slice with 2 tomato slices and 2 cheese slices.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is hot, bubbly and just starting to brown.