Pan Seared Scallops In Bacon Fennel Cream Sauce
- 2 dozen large scallops
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup seafood or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- 1/2 tsp. ground fennel seed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pkg. fresh cooked fettuccine pasta
- Chop bacon into small pieces and cook in pan until crisp.
- Drain fat and discard. Set the bacon aside.
- Add garlic and fennel to pan and sauté until fennel begins to soften.
- Add the stock and wine. Reduce the volume of the liquid to half and add whipping cream.
- Simmer for a few minutes; add bacon. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate pan heat olive oil on medium/high heat. Lightly salt and pepper scallops and sear them 2 minutes per side.
- Toss cooked pasta in sauce and place scallops on top. Garnish with fennel and bacon.