- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 smoked, seasoned sausages
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes,
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Add oil to a large pan and heat over medium heat. Add sausages to heat and brown 5-6 minutes- remove from pan and set aside
- Add onion and peppers to pan- cook until softened. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Cut sausage into 1 1/2-inch chunks.
- Return sausage to pan with other ingredients.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until sausage is cooked and sauce is thickened.
- Serve on hoagie rolls if desired.