- Serves 4-5
- 1 lb pasta, spaghetti or fettuccini
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup fresh grated parmesan, plus more to serve
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cooking water, save more if needed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ tsp chili flakes, or according to taste (optional)
- 1-2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- Before draining, reserve a cup of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet add olive oil and garlic- sauté for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Stir cream cheese, parmesan, salt/pepper and pasta water- combine well with a whisk.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet. Toss well to coat pasta in the sauce, add more parmesan and pasta water, if desired.