Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Hot Dish
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 can sloppy joe sauce (15-16 oz.)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 15 oz. can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 16 oz. bag frozen tater tots
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef 5-6 minutes, then add onion and garlic. Continue to cook until onions are tender and beef is cooked through. Drain and return to skillet.
- Add sloppy joe sauce and beans to beef/onion mixture; stir to combine.
- Let mixture simmer 15 minutes or until heated through and slightly thickened.
- Spoon mixture into greased 9x13" casserole dish. Sprinkle top with cheese.
- Arrange the frozen tater tots in a single layer on top of the cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the tater tots are browned.