Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Scallops
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups cubed pineapple
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Sliced scallions
- Whisk together ketchup, orange juice, vinegar, cornstarch, soy sauce, and salt in a small bowl; pour into slow cooker.
- Add pineapple, bell pepper, onion, and jalapeno.
- Cover and cook on LOW until the vegetables are tender, about 3 hours.
- Add the scallops, stir to combine.
- Cover and cook around 15 more minutes or until scallops reach desired doneness.
- Serve scallops over brown rice and garnish with scallions.