- Serves 8
- 1 pound MGR grass fed ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cans tomato sauce (29 oz)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1cup instant rice, uncooked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet, brown beef on medium-high.
- Add in onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients (except the cheese) into slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Add cheddar cheese to top of mixture just before serving.