Warm Your Heart Tomato Soup
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes with juice
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt & pepper
- Warm oil in a large saucepan.
- Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring often, until softened (about 3-5 min.).
- Stir in flour and blend (about 1 min.).
- Add tomatoes with juice and broth; bring to a boil. Stir or whisk constantly until just thickened.
- In small batches, transfer soup to a blender and purée until smooth. Pour puréed soup into bowl until all is smooth, then return to saucepan.
- Stir in cream and cook over low heat for 3-5 min. until heated through. Do not boil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper; serve hot.
- Serve with heart-shaped Gruyere & Cheddar grilled cheese!