White Wine Tomato Basil Cod
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fresh basil finely chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 cod fillets fresh
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add red pepper flakes and garlic, sauté for 1 minute. Add cherry tomatoes and cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add wine and let simmer. Stir in the basil, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 2 minutes and then transfer mixture into separate bowl.
- Heat butter in same pan over medium heat. Season cod with salt and pepper and cook until golden brown. Flip fillets and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the white wine tomato basil sauce over the cod and serve. Extra sauce can be served over rice, quinoa or pasta.