One Pan Chicken & Veggie Skillet
- 3 1/2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken meat
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups carrots cut on the bias
- 1 cup onion cut into strips
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Pick the meat from the cooked chicken and roughly cut up and set aside.
- In a large dry skillet pan over medium high heat cook orzo until lightly browned; stirring frequently.
- Remove browned orzo to a bowl and add oil to hot pan.
- Add carrots and onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add orzo back in along with stock, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Cover and reduce heat to a medium simmer to cook the orzo, 8-10 minutes.
- Uncover and add parsley, peas, cream and chicken.
- Cook to bring entire dish to temperature and incorporate the ingredients.
- Sprinkle cheese over top.