- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup white or brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add onion and peppers; cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking for an additional couple minutes.
- Push the vegetables to the side of the pan and melt the remaining butter. Add rice to the melted butter and toast for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, sour cream, chicken, chilies, lime juice and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for about 15-20 minutes (or until rice is cooked), stirring occasionally. Add more broth if needed.
- Sprinkle top with cheese. Cover until melted.
- Suggested toppings: sour cream, guacamole, diced tomatoes, cilantro.