Thanksgiving Sausage Stuffing Muffins
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1/2 onion diced
- 3-4 celery stalks finely diced
- 1 apple peeled, cored and diced
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp all-purpose seasoning
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 5 cups dry unseasoned bread cubes
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 12 muffin tin lightly with cooking spray.
- Cook sausage in skillet on medium heat until no longer pink. Transfer sausage to large bowl.
- Add onion to same skillet; cook and stir on medium heat 2 to 3 minutes. Add celery and apple; cook and stir until just softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add sage, garlic powder, seasoning and pepper; cook and stir 30 to 60 seconds.
- Transfer onion mixture to bowl with sausage.
- In separate bowl mix eggs, bread cubes and broth. Mix well to moisten bread cubes.
- Combine both mixtures - sausage and stuffing and mix together.
- Spoon mixture into the 12 greased muffin cups. Gently press them into the cups and form slightly rounded tops.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes until golden. Cool 5 to 10 minutes in pan on wire rack. Serve warm!