Slow-Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls
- 1-1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1-2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- Salt to taste
- other toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, diced avocado, salsa, hot sauce, diced green onions, shredded lettuce
- Combine the chicken, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, chili powder, salt and cumin in slow cooker. (Add more broth to ensure chicken is covered.) Cover and cook on low 3 to 4 hours.
- Add beans, rice and corn. Cover and continue cooking on low 3 more hours. Check dish frequently during the last hour of cooking, stirring so rice is combined and cooking evenly. Add more broth if mixture seems dry. Cooking process will be done when rice is done to your liking.
- Use forks to shred the chicken. You can do this in the slow cooker or by transferring chicken to a cutting board. Add salt and other seasonings to taste. Scoop mixture into bowls to serve and top with toppings from suggested list!