Clean Out The Fridge Vegetable Soup
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 4 cans (14.5 oz. each) vegetable broth
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes,
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 4 cups mixed vegetables, your choice, frozen or fresh
- 3 cups water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large stockpot. Add onions, celery, and Italian seasoning. Cook until onions are tender, 4-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add broth, tomatoes, tomato paste and water; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- Add vegetables and return to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, until all veggies are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.