Slow Cooker Green Apple Ribs
- 5 lbs. pork spareribs
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 18 oz. BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 onion diced
- 1 green apple sliced
- Cut ribs into medium sections – about 3 ribs each.
- Place ribs in slow cooker (meaty side facing cooker) on bottom and around sides.
- Place apple slices on top of ribs.
- Combine onion, applesauce, brown sugar, vinegar and 1/2 of BBQ sauce in a bowl and mix. Pour over ribs.
- Cook on high 5-6 hours or until ribs are tender.
- Remove from slow cooker and brush with remaining BBQ sauce.
- Optional: Place ribs on baking sheet and broil 4-5 minutes for extra crispy ribs.